4 Northern Ireland Farm Quality Assured fillet steaks
1 x 5ml spoon (1 tsp) of olive oil
100g Asparagus tips
1 small bag of baby salad leaves
12 vine-ripened cherry tomatoes
50g Parmesan shavings
10 vine-ripened cherry tomatoes
1 clove garlic
2 x 15ml spoons (2 tbsp) fresh basil
4 x 15ml spoons (4 tbsp) extra virgin olive oil
2 x 15 ml spoons (2 tbsp) red wine vinegar
Chopping board, knife, garlic crusher, screw top jar, griddle pan or frying pan, tongs, plate, tin foil, saucepan, colander, large bowl, mixing spoon.
1. Make the dressing:
2. Rub the steaks with the olive oil. Remember to wash your hands thoroughly after handling raw meat.
3. Heat the griddle or frying pan and cook the steaks for 4 minutes on each side.
4. Remove from the pan and place on a plate. Cover with foil to rest.
5. Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the asparagus for 3 minutes.
6. Drain the asparagus.
7. Cut the remaining 12 cherry tomatoes in half.
8. Place the salad leaves in a bowl and add the halved cherry tomatoes and parmesan. Pour the salad dressing on top and mix.
9. Cut the steaks into 6 thin slices.
10. Serve the steak on top of the salad.