225g (8oz) Northern Ireland Farm Quality Assured rump steak
1 x 5ml spoon (1 tsp) soy sauce
1 x 5ml spoon (1 tsp) five spice powder
1 x 5ml spoon (1 tsp) oil
½ red pepper
60g (2oz) mange tout
½ medium onion
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
2.5cm (1 inch) ginger, peeled and grated
60g (2oz) broccoli
1 x 5ml spoon (1 tsp) cornflour
150ml (¼ pint) water
1 x 15ml spoon (1 tbsp) soy sauce
1 x 5ml spoon (1 tsp) chilli sauce
Chopping boards, knives, measuring spoons, mixing bowls, mixing spoons, wok, wooden spoon, plate, garlic crusher, grater.
1. Thinly slice the steak and place in a mixing bowl. Remember to wash your hands thoroughly after handling raw meat.
2. Prepare the vegetables:
3. Add the soy sauce and five spice powder to the steak and mix.
4. Heat the oil in wok and stir fry the steak for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the wok and transfer to a plate to keep warm.
5. Add the garlic and ginger to the wok and stir-fry for 1 minute.
6. Add the carrot, pepper, mange tout, onion and broccoli to the wok and stir fry for 3-4 minutes. Add the steak slices and mix well,
7. Place the cornflour, water, soy sauce and chilli sauce into a small bowl and mix well.
8. Pour over the steak and vegetables and mix well. Cook for 2 minutes.
9. Serve with egg noodles or steamed rice.