4 Northern Ireland Farm Quality Assured lamb leg steaks
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 clove of garlic
1 teaspoon Moroccan seasoning
1 vegetable stock cube, reduced salt
1 red onion, halved and finely sliced
1 clove of garlic, crushed
A small pinch of chilli flakes
80g dried apricots, chopped
400g tin of chickpeas, drained
1 tablespoon fresh coriander, finely chopped
1 tablespoon fresh mint, finely chopped
100g spinach or salad leaves
2 tablespoons Greek natural yoghurt
1 tablespoons runny honey
2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
Measuring spoons, measuring jug, juicer, bowl, non-stick pan, spoon, colander, knives
1. Peel and crush the garlic
2. Brush the leg steaks with half the olive oil.
3. Rub the steaks with garlic and Moroccan seasoning. Remember to thoroughly wash hands after handling raw meat.
4. Heat a large Char-grill or frying pan and cook the steaks for 2 - 3 minutes on each side. Remove to a plate, cover with tinfoil and rest for 2 minutes
1. Peel and finely slice the red onion
2. Peel and crush the garlic
3. Chop the dried apricots into small cubes
4. Drain the chickpeas using a colander
5. Finely chop the coriander and mint
6. Dissolve the stock cube in 400ml of boiling water
7. Place couscous into a large serving bowl and pour over hot stock. Stir, cover and leave for 10 minutes.
8. Heat the remaining oil in a non-stick pan.
9. Fry the onion until soft and then add garlic, chilli, apricots, chick peas and cook for 2 minutes.
10. Remove from the heat and mix into the couscous with coriander and mint.
1. Spoon the couscous into warm serving bowls, top with spinach leaves, a drizzle of yoghurt and honey and a sprinkle of pomegranate seeds. Top with lamb slices before serving.